Just a simple and easy SEO tips to help you improve your websites ranking in the search engines
below is 5 simple basic SEO tips that are often overlooked by many websites or blog owners.
Check your website and make sure you are doing these few simple steps for great results
1) Ensure your website page titles – state what you do or what you provide,
it should contain the first few words a customer would type into a search engine (keywords) when looking for your product or service. Create a unique title for every page in your website.
2) Your website pages meta description should be a short snippet of what your website
or page is about, it’s best used as a call to action (encourage people to click your link) combined with your relevant keywords, try to keep it no more than two lines long.
Good Description like “Healthy Snacks and Treats. For Kids of All Ages. Try these ideas, or
use them as a starting point for your kids to invent their own healthy food…”
Bad Description like “We wouldn’t let our kids eat sugar straight from the sugar bowl. But
we tend not to think about the sugar … Healthy snacks for kids – fact or fiction …”
3) At the top most part of your websites body you should have a heading in most
cases it should be very similar to your page title. It’s best formatted within the html using
the correct heading tag, you can also you h2, h3, h4 and so on to show sub headings on your page.
4) Often overlooked is the webpages filename, instead of saving your page a frontpage.html
or page.html try using a keyword phrase in the file name such as treats-for-kids.html seperate
each word with a hyphen – Note don’t rename your index.html, index.htm , index.php or any
other file called index as a keyword.
5) Add an alt text description to each of your websites main images (not the formatting / nav images) just a few words for each image helps the search engines understand what the image is,
you can also save these images using keywords in the same way as the page file name so instead of image1.gif you could have blackberry bold 2.gif
We would love to hear your thoughts, comments, enquiries or suggestions. Make use of the comment box provided below